How to Apply for Aadhaar Card Online/Offline
Aadhaar is a very mandatory document that can be used at various places as an identity proof as well as address proof. The registration process of Aadhaar is so easy and not too tough and today we will see the complete enrolment process of Aadhaar online as well as offline.
Apply for Aadhaar Card Online
Let me tell you one thing that the complete process of Aadhaar Card cannot be done online, you can only book the appointment for your Aadhaar card enrolment center.
- Check if a center near you has online appointment facility click here: Apply for Aadhaar Card Appointment Online.
- Once you have taken the online appointment, collect the required documents (see below) and go to the center with the documents at the assigned date and time.
Apply for Aadhaar Card Offline
- If an Aadhaar card center near your location DOES NOT has an online appointment registration facility, you can walk-in to any nearby Aadhaar card center, without prior appointment.
- To contact nearby Aadhaar card center click here: Locate nearby Aadhaar Card Centers.
Do you know that the documents are the most important part during the Aadhaar process; therefore we are providing the list of supported documents for Aadhaar card. Click here:- https://uidai.gov.in/images/commdoc/valid_documents_list.pdf
Before applying for Aadhaar card first you need to have the Aadhaar enrolment form which you can get it from the link below. AndIi recommend you to please fill the form before visiting to the enrolment center.
Aadhaar Enrolment Form :- https://uidai.gov.in/images/aadhaar_enrolment_correction_form_version_2.1.pdf
Process of applying for Aadhaar
- After filling in the form you have to visit the enrolment center
- And at the cente,r your photo, finger-prints and iris scan will be taken as a part of the enrollment.
- You can review the details you have provided and make corrections during enrollment itself.
- An acknowledgement slip will be received by you which you need to save it for future purpose
- Once everything gets completed your details will gone through processing and On successful processing, you will first receive an SMS and/or email notification and later after a few days your Aadhaar number will be printed and sent to your address through post.
- Once you receive the SMS / email confirmation and details about your Aadhaar number, you may easily print as many duplicate Aadhaar cards as you desire from here: e-Aadhaar
- Usual processing time for Aadhaar card is 60 to 90 days. Howeve,r it could take longer due to stringent verification process followed and also depending upon the backlog.
- In case there are any issues found for an application during verification, corrective actions are taken wherever possible; else a rejection letter asking the resident to re-enroll is dispatched through post.
- India Post is entrusted with the responsibility of printing and delivery of Aadhaar letters. It may take 3 to 5 weeks to print and deliver Aadhaar letters to the residents.